Application forms available from 10 January 2019.
Applicants need to complete the application for admission form for 2019 with the required documents. Please note that there are a limited number of seats. If not given a seat, a new application is needed each year as new waiting lists are made. Siblings are not given priority.
Applications are evaluated by an admission committee.
- Completed and signed application form.
- For entry in grade 1, a letter from the parents stating the family's background and motivation for applying International Classes needs to be submitted with the application form.
- For entry in grades 2,3,4,5,6, 7/MYP1 a letter of recommendation from previous home room teacher/councellor or principal should be submitted with the application form together with a progress report or equivalent. Please note that entry to grades 2,3,4,5,6 and 7/MYP1 is subject to the availability of places.
- An interview of applicants and parents may be required as part of the application process, live or by Skype
- A copy of Certificate of Residence (bostedsattest) issued by The National Registry (Folkeregisteret)/ The Norwegian Tax Administration, at www.skatteetaten.no) to confirm the applicant and his/her family's address in Oslo
- And if applicable, a proof of temporary residence in Oslo, such as a letter from employer
- Applicants who are in the process of moving to Oslo are eligible to apply for a place. They will, however, not secure a place until they provide documentation that they have moved to Oslo with their parent(s) or legal guardians before the start of the school year. The deadline for providing this documentation is 23 June 2019.
Please send the application to the following address:
Oslo kommune, Utdanningsetaten
Postboks 6127 Etterstad